Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the next YP collaboration project

Author Topic: [SHARING] 50 Dubs, A VH1 Special  (Read 5664 times)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
[SHARING] 50 Dubs, A VH1 Special
« on: August 21, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »
I've been mad nostalgic recently so I reuploaded my top 50 dubs like I'm some kind of person with importance. You know, after six years, I DESERVE a little mass fucking egotism. EAT IT.

GIANT 4,000 WORD TUMBLR POST WITH LINK TO DOWNLOADS

I comment on EVERY single song there and what it meant to me as well as a sappy introduction, because I'm me. I wanted to repost here in case my old people friends come wandering in like confused cows as they did with ONE-TWO-THREE and we can memory lane together in our walkers, sharing Wrether's Candy. Shit's delicious though why did granparents have to give it a bad name.

Though if you allow me to be a tad sappy right now, some of these friends I made in 2005 when I formed Y!P are still dear friends TO THIS DAY. Song of Amazon and I in particular keep finding ourselves in the same state together. Most of my online friends have very serious plans to move to California in a few years, where I live now- on behalf of a friend I made in dubbing.

I see you wacky kids and your facebook tags and Skype conversations and I'm SO excited for you all. Most of you will fade from contact, even forget about each other. I had an online girlfriend for like a year I had legitimate feelings for and I don't know where the fuck she's at. Some of you, however, are going to be best friends for years and years and years and maybe even live near each other one day. Online friendships are legitimate sources of love and trust and all the good things. May you all keep in contact forever.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:53:22 AM by Liana »

Meimei

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: [SHARING] 50 Dubs, A VH1 Special
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:52:11 AM »
I read the whole thing and I just wanted to say that I REMEMBER THE PLATINUM 9 REDO CONCERT DUB. XD I was a fairly new dubber then but I remember being all *___* about it. (the time when people actually did full concert dubs... it was fun~ XD) I've never really been an active or a good dubber but I appreciate all the work you've done during these years. Seriously, SIX YEARS. That's insanely awesome. o.o

*bows down*

(and lol, I know no one probably knows me but I just had to comment since this is so cool and bwaaaaah. ;__; Just the other day I said to a dubber friend that it's so sad that Liana won't dub anymore... *bows down again*)
~Youtube channel: Meichandesuu~

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
AWWW GIRL WHAT the fact I had a comment on this made my heart smile, nevermind a comment from someone I don't know. Full concert dubs were awesome. I'm slooowly working on reuploading Platinum 9, if not so Celia stops randomly IMing me once every six months talking about it. Also I didn't even know people had noticed I'd died and passed away in dubbing! I think I said one thing about it on twitter HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE FINDING THIS OUT you literally cannot say or do anything in dubbing world without it spreading. That is both awesome and terrifying.

Gino

• Radio Team
  • Rianasu's Fan Service King
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
I just feel honored to have been a part of this journey. Gurl, you know I love you. <3
Ok so, It's Gino: My Vlogs and Other Random Crap

The boy formerly known as Koolmon.
Formerly known as Rianasu's Washed Up Maknae.

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 02:40:03 AM »
OH MY GOSH THE MEMORIES. Thank you so much for helping grow to where I am now <3
Remember how crap my mic was? God damn.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:43:19 AM by BakaPai »
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »
Gino - YOU ARE SO CHEESY but so am I, I made this. Let's hug and be cheesy together forever.

Baka - I remember how off key you are! Girl when you figured out key you just diva'd the fuck out of everything. I love your voice so much. Batmanz was so good when it was active! Seriously, I've seen a lot of good MM groups and a lot of good SNSD groups after running mine but no other Miya/Momo/Risako has sounded as good as you guys did and the other 4 in that group had energy up to their EARS. Moment of silence for Batmanz.

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »
MOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So many mics. My GOD, I had forgotten. The absolute HOURSSSSS. These really do have a polished, polished sound - even without thinking about how much post-file processing you had to do on each piece. You really should be proud.

I miss WS and JKL and Yomusu. I would even mix the current track if I had ever found an understandable (free) Mac program, but it's insanity. Early Yomusu was like 6 months a track, fighting tooth and nail to understand the program and process like 19 different files and 8 different voices and fill-ins and mastering...and it grew. Mostly when Liana took over :D

I miss being an internet popstar with you, though :D I had forgotten some of these. I think it did make us stand out, that we had different textures in so many groups...from so many countries! And in the start, we had a lot of people in various projects that didn't quite get Japanese or pitch or notes....and we worked with them. I remember doing like 2 hour long yahoo chats, clapping and doing phonetic pronunciation and trying to get people to the right notes...remember those MiRC and Yahoo chat days? Awwww. There really was trying, trying to better ourselves and anyone willing to work hard...

YES, KARAOKE BABIES. Have fun forever. Two of the best friends in my life I found through a MiRC chat dub and a singing contest....people I still talk to to this day, andddd I think it's been almost a decade at this point. Doesn't always happen, but anything you do out of the norm or out of your normal culture or comfort zone, anything you strive to learn...that's where you make the lasting relationships and grow more facets as a person.

DAWWW.

GO GO GO GO WE ALIIIIIBE.

...I think Kiss Me Kill Me is a bit of a jam, personally XD And why did I ever think I could hit those Arashi notes?

LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »
Man though, kids today are way more polished- as WELL as having unique textures. Well, actually, I do find that "blending" remains the more popular way to cast a group which sounds so fucking boring to me. THOUGH I might think that because I'm SO married to the unique voices I work with that of COURSE I hear how different you and Jko and K and SoA and Windy were from each other whereas in other groups I hear more of a "strong, ballad voices + a cute high toned voice" or "Reina soundalikes and their Risa friend" because I don't know them as well.

And bitches today don't even KNOW about mic differences. There's so much talent out there they have the luxury of casting based UPON MIC QUALITY BEFORE TALENT. Because there are a thousand talented girls so you GET to weed people out like that to make your mixing a million times easier. LAZY. I'm like assholes do you KNOW what I had to do for Jeni??? BECAUSE SHE WAS ONE OF FOUR GOOD SINGERS WE HAD. It's now super common to drop 40+ dollars on a nice mic. I did almost 100$ on mine. In my defense, it was Christmas money and the purchase of a legit mic was supposed to force me to learn guitar and write my own songs. That was the plan. It didn't happen. My mic is nice though. I think I realized I was done with karaoke when Audition CS5 came out and everyone was experimenting with it and finding ways to make it work for them and be better and I downloaded, looked at it once, and went "And Liana shall eat a sandwich!" and then I had a sandwich.

We sang Arashi because WE DIDN'T CARE. For a brief, shining moment we didn't care Kristi and it was glorious. I love how we blatantly sing different lyrics at one point in that karaoke it's fantastic. WE CAN STILL DO WEDDING SOUP you just never record. I was waiting. I was here, waiting for your Princess Clara lines like a dog waits for it's master. They never came, and I cried a single tear.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:03:22 PM by Liana »

Enterprise © Bloc